Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I {HEART} YOU

Chris and I recently went on a trip- our first trip together, just us, since we got married 5 years ago. We went to Wilderness, which is along the Garden Route, to celebrate out fifth wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time, driving around and stopping wherever and whenever we wanted. We had no agenda, no definite plans. It was WONDERFUL.

This photo was entered into the I Heart Faces photo challenge – www.iheartfaces.com

This photo was taken from the viewing point under the bridge in Wilderness, using Chris' Blackberry. The quality is not the greatest, but I love this photo and what it represents- Chris' willingness to take strange photographs, the view we got to enjoy all weekend, and our love for each other.
I am entering this photo on the "I Heart Faces"Blog, just for fun and because I love their Photography challenges!


These photo's were taken from the Storms River Bridge. It was quite early, the sun had just risen, and we stopped at my all time *favourite* one-stop petrol station to grab biltong and stretch our legs.

This cute kitty lives at the petrol station, and is very well fed and loved! And this sign pretty much sums up how I was feeling when we reached the stop ;)

Our next stop was a place called The Heath. It is an awesome little roadside stop, with a coffee shop, curio & decor store, a mini labyrinth made from lavender plants, and RADICAL RAPTORS- the most awe-inspiring experience ever!

Each of the birds used in the show has been injured, and all attempts at rehabilitation into the wild has failed. At first, my heart broke for these wild creatures, until I realized- and saw- how much time and effort goes in to making sure these birds have wonderful lives. Each has such a unique character, and a strong bond with their trainer and caregiver.


For lunch, we went to a gorgeous restaurant called Emily Moon. Eclectic decor, divinely prepared and presented food, and breathtaking views made for an incredible dining experience.



Another fun experience was the Wild Oats Market in Sedgefield. A live, "honky-tonk" band, dozens of craft stalls, and an open air food market made for a fun morning. Eating breakfast in the fresh morning air is an experience I'd love to repeat soon!


All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, filled with good food,


amazing views, (The Outeniqua Pass Mountains in George)


and much needed quiet time (views from our balconies).


View from under the Wilderness Bridge

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Awesome! We almost have the same idea this week ♥

Jessamine said...

Great minds think alike! (sorry I only responded now, I'm new to the blogging world and am still figuring things out!)

Post a Comment