Sunday, November 13, 2011

HANDMADE DECORATION SWAP

I have just signed up for my first swap with SWAP-BOT and I cannot wait to begin! I'm not sure why I am doing this now- the last thing I need right now is another distraction... But I just could not resist!

The idea is to make a handmade Christmas ornament, which you will then send to your assigned partner, wherever they are in the world. Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE  anything to do with Christmas, so this is right up my alley! I also signed up for two other swaps: The Colourful Socks #2 and the Ransom Note Postcard. The sock swap is pretty straight forward- buy a cute pair of socks and send them off... The Ransom Note Postcard is a little more creative: Buy a postcard, and, using letters cut from magazines, spell out a message, quote or note to your assigned partner- not necessarily a ransom note, just in that style ;)

I'm thinking about using the following quote for my ransom note:

"... and then the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom..."

 I'm not too sure who said that, I will have to look into that, but I LOVE this quote, as it pretty much sums up this past year for me. I'm thinking mostly black and white letters, with the base being a postcard featuring cherry blossoms... Something like this picture below:

source
For the decoration swap, I think I am going to use this tutorial to make this stunning ornament:

 
I will definitely take pictures of what I make, and what I get- once it arrives :D


No comments:

Post a Comment